As an international exchange student in Berlin, you will need accommodation, insurance, and possibly a visa.
Find out about these aspects of your study abroad at HTW Berlin.


Depending on your nationality, a visa (student visa) may be required. The visa application procedure should be started as soon as possible after admission to your exchange program or study program. The German Embassies or Consulates in your country of residence issue visas. It is the students' responsibility to check if a visa is needed to enter Germany. We recommend that you visit the homepage of the German Federal Foreign Office and check the Visa regulations.

Housing/ Accommodation

To make your search for adequate housing in Berlin easier, HTW Berlin has compiled the following recommendations and practical tips for you:
Additionally, a number of other websites offer possible rental accommodation:

Student Service Centre

If you have a question for the Student Services department, you can ask via the ticket system, the telephone hotline or at the Student Service Centre.
Published on December 9, 2021 Updated on January 3, 2022